Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Saving A Book

If I were told I could save just one book for future generations I would choose the book Designed by God, So I Must Be Special. This book was written by Bonnie L. Sose and illustrated by Holly Sose. This book was intended for Christian's, but all people read it. It is a kids book, published in June of 1988. This very unique book is very colorful and the drawings are very simple. The author and illustrator most likely decided to make this so simple because it is easier for young children to understand what it means. This book is mainly about how God made everyone and that everyone is special in their own way. It teaches the younger kids about God in a very simplistic way before they are able to understand what is said at church.
I received this book from my grandma the day I was born. When my brothers, my sister and I were very young we used to trace the pictures in the book and pretend like we did it freehand. It was very important to me because it was my first “bible- like” book I ever got. My mom would always read this to us as a bed time story and we would always pray after that.
I think that Designed by God, So I Must Be Special would be a good book to save because children are the future. And the book could help many parents explain the world to their kids at a young age, if that is what they wanted their kids to study.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you selected a children's. The children are the FUTURE!!!!

    ReplyDelete