Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween!

When I was younger, my two brothers, my sister and I would have my mom and dad help us get ready and we would all go out trick or treating. We have a clown costume that each one of us wore when we turned a certain age. My sister and I are close in age so we would share costumes a lot. We have been gypsies, big fluffy pumpkins, Cleopatra, and princesses. My older brother was once jailbird, a gorilla and a hobo, while my little brother was a kangaroo for about four years straight. Every year we would walk around that same neighborhood to all the familiar houses. I used to love when it got really cold, it felt so festive. One of my neighbors used to have a special box of the big candy bars for the kids he was close to. I remember disliking when my mom had to put the make up on me and I always had to sit so still, me being so young, that was difficult. 
Last year my family moved to a house that is on a very busy street and not in a neighborhood. We quickly learned that nobody comes to our house. My parents decided that we would take my little brother to the old neighborhood every year to see old friends and go trick or treating. Last weekend was trick or treat night and my boyfriend and I decided to take my little brother. He sprayed his hair red (although its already naturally red?) and my mom put some of her darker colored eye shadow on his face. We decided to tell people that he caught on fire. I loved seeing everyone, especially the adults, because I babysat for most of them. They we shocked that I was already in college and how tall we got. I think I will always take my little brother out trick or treating, until he thinks he's too old, and then I'll just go visit my old friends

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing your halloween story with the class. it was nice to hear you present since you don't really talk much. i like your choice of pictures for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! and nice job sharing in class! I like your costume choices:)

    ReplyDelete