Thursday, October 21, 2010

Revision?

The revision process when writing anything is very important. Some people think that after not even an hour of work a good paper can be written. That is not always true because it can always use some sort of improving. My first drafts were nowhere near where they should be. After I revised them through peer editing and using the remarks from the instructor, I felt a lot better about my writing. It is sometimes difficult for me to self-evaluate my paper because I do not usually see the errors. I think this might be because of how many times I read and re read the paper as I am writing it. I enjoy having a peer edit my paper because they can catch the silly mistakes I made. I like when the instructor edits my paper because then I know I can see all the really big mistakes I made. On some of my papers, the instructor writes about how my sentences were structured awkwardly. At times it is difficult for me to change this because I had trouble figuring out how to word it in the first place. But I do think that the revision process is making a huge difference when I write. Now when I write something I will walk away or something and then come back and re read it to find my own mistakes. The revision process also made me realize that I make some of the same mistakes when I write. I have recognized that I have trouble with verb tense and I usually used the wrong tense. Overall, I love the revision process because even though it may take longer I always end up with a much better paper in the long run.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way when you awkwardly write something. I hate when you make a silly mistake and someone else finds it and you think why didn't I find that.

    ReplyDelete